CRITICAL SKILLS CHALLENGE TOP BOMB TECHNICIAN
& TECHNOLOGY TRAINING EXPO
The United States Bomb Technician Association (USBTA), and the Orange County (Florida) Sheriff’s Office Bomb
Squad are proud to announce the second annual Critical Skills Challenge Top Bomb Technician. This event is a competition between bomb technicians (military and public safety) that tests their knowledge, skills, and abilities while using a variety of tools and equipment.
The Top Bomb Technician Critical Skills Challenge is a four (4) day event that takes place in Orlando, Florida December 3 – 6, 2019.
In addition to the “critical skills” below, the competitors will take a written knowledge assessment, that focuses on: explosives, electronics, explosives chemistry, applied physics, blast effects, and general bomb technician knowledge.
The “critical skills” are:
1. X-Ray Interpretation (identify key components of an IED e.g. power source, initiator, explosive load, and switches)
2. Precision Disruption (conduct a precision RSP without utilizing the grid aim system)
3. Hand/Manual Entry (neutralize a device with provided tools)
4. Hook & Line (move suspect bag, with provided tools, to a designated location)
5. Improvised Explosives/HME (recognize materials, pre-cursors and/or components of improvised explosives)
6. Boobytraps (work their way through the interior of a building, identifying, marking, and where applicable, neutralizing boobytraps)
7. Circuit building (build electronic circuits of different complexities)
8. Cap Diagnostics (mitigate multiple training electric detonators)
9. Bomb Suit Challenge (conduct a search for suspect devices with in a designated location)
All tools, accessories, and equipment will be provided, with the exception of personal protective gear (PPE).
TECHNOLOGY TRAINING EXPO
The Technology Training Expo, gives competitors, non-competitors, and observers the opportunity to train on current/emerging technologies. Industry will be demonstrating their tools and equipment and it will be a great opportunity.
Sean Dennis – President/CEO, USBTA, 303-591-6516, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob VonLoewenfeldt – Vice President, USBTA, 803-422-2395, or email@example.com
Jennifer Hutcherson – Assistant Project Manager, USBTA 912-224-8950, or firstname.lastname@example.org
LT. Chris Hall - Orange County Sheriff Office FL Bomb Squad Commander/USBTA Board Member, 407-276-1780, or email@example.com / Christopher.Hall@ocfl.net
Location: Orlando FL – Hosted by the Orange County (Florida) Sheriff Office Bomb Squad Training Range – 14500 Wewahootee Road, Orlando FL 32832
Cost: $0 (Free)
Hotel Info: Government Rate $122.00 – Reservation Code “US Bomb Technician Association” Deadline is Nov 2, 2019
Hilton Garden Inn Orlando International Airport 407-240-3725 7300 Augusta National Drive, Orlando FL 32822. https://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/O/ORLAHGI-OCSO20191129/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
Marriott Residence Inn Orlando International Airport 407-816-5533 7024 Augusta National Drive, Orlando FL 32822 https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1565214691236&key=GRP
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Plan on arriving Monday, December 2, and departing after 3pm, Friday, December 6th. Lunch will be provided each day.
To register visit https://www.usbta.us/events Onsite registration will be OCSO training facility: Monday Dec 2, from 3pm to 5pm and Tuesday Morning, from 0730 – 0800.
Safety briefs and lane assignments begin at 0800, Dec 3th. (Travel time to range is 25 to 30 minutes from Hotel)
● Monday, Dec 2 – Travel Day for Participants – Early Registration 3 – 5pm at range
● Tuesday, Dec 3 – Registration/Safety Brief 0730 – 0900, 0900 – 1200 (Industry Expo - Demo Day & Tools Familiarization) Tuesday, Dec 3 – 1300 – 1700 Critical Skills Challenge
● Wednesday, Dec 4 – 0800 – 1700 Critical Skills Challenge (Industry Expo 0800 – 1700)
● Thursday, Dec 5 – 0800 – 1700 Critical Skills Challenge (Industry Expo 0800 – 1300) ● Friday, Dec 6 - 0800 – 1200 Critical Skills Challenge (1200 Lunch and Bomb Technician Recognition/Awards)